4/1/10

Brass jewelry box, 'Golden Era'

Cheap Brass jewelry box, 'Golden Era' Review







Brass jewelry box, 'Golden Era' Feature


  • Handmade by Khalid Ali
  • Ships from Mexico within 15 days
  • Mirror included




Brass jewelry box, 'Golden Era' Overview


NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, offers thousands of limited edition and one-of-a-kind gifts, jewelry, and home decor treasures handmade by master artists and artisans throughout the world. Khalid Ali creates a classic jewelry box in an antique style. Hand-crafted of mango wood, it is covered in ornate embossed brass. He creates two velvet-lined compartments and adds a mirror inside the lid. Colorful glass beads complement the beautiful design. Artisan Info: "Hello, My name is Khalid Ali. As a child I was very naughty and would always do things my way. Even in school I was known as the mischievous boy and at home as 'Dennis the Menace.' "But as I grew up, I understood the value of hard work. My father was a very hard working person and he is the one who taught me the dignity of labor. It is because of him that I am here today. My father started a small workshop in 1959 where he crafted artistic furniture using brass foil embossing. He has been doing that for ages until I took over about a decade ago. Our designs are basically inspired from the ancient Mughal style. But today we incorporate modern motifs into the ancient technique and style. "Though I've been in this field a long time, my ardent desire is to continue to grow. Right now I have about ten artisans assisting me, most of whom are relatives I have trained. "I really appreciate Novica's way of promoting art. With this kind of exposure, artisans like me receive encouragement that otherwise would have been



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Apr 01, 2010 06:04:58

No comments:

Post a Comment