3/9/10

Lacquered wood box, 'Chess'

Cheap Lacquered wood box, 'Chess' Review







Lacquered wood box, 'Chess' Feature


  • Handmade by Nantana Sompamitre
  • Ships from Thailand within 7 days
  • Clean with a dry cloth
  • Do not use abrasives




Lacquered wood box, 'Chess' Overview


NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, offers thousands of limited edition and one-of-a-kind gifts, jewelry, and home decor treasures handmade by master artists and artisans throughout the world. Inlaid on black lacquer, gleaming golden foil creates a chessboard pattern. Nantana Sompamitre works with mango wood to craft a box for business cards. A Thai technique dating back many generations, lacquer art is masterfully demonstrated in this design. Artisan Info: "My name is Nantana Sompamitre and you can call me 'Nan.' I was born on May 1, 1950 in a calm and peaceful village in northern Thailand. My family is large, I have eight brothers and sisters. We are a family of artisans. Instead of going to the fields, my father and mother made the umbrella's topknot. My father is a craftsman and was always teaching us. My brothers and sisters helped our parents in one way or another in the running of their business. I am the one who was able to make the shape of the knot. I started helping my parents when I was 13 years old but quit when I was 17. At that time I had just graduated from high school and I wanted to do something more to help my parents. Fortunately, my cousin had a food shop and I became a vendor. Under good conditions this is generally a good line of work, and eventually I met my husband. He is the man who changed my life completely. "He is an artisan working on lacquer ware. His main job was to paint the motifs on the different pieces. We married when I was 23



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Mar 09, 2010 11:15:06

No comments:

Post a Comment