3/17/10

Ceramic box, 'Sunflower'

Cheap Ceramic box, 'Sunflower' Review







Ceramic box, 'Sunflower' Feature


  • Handmade by Maricarmen Elias
  • Ships from Peru within 10 days
  • Signed by the artist




Ceramic box, 'Sunflower' Overview


NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, offers thousands of limited edition and one-of-a-kind gifts, jewelry, and home decor treasures handmade by master artists and artisans throughout the world. Maricarmen Elias transforms high-fired ceramic into a beautiful box. Adorned with a band of pre-Hispanic motifs, it is crowned by a pewter lid. Elias casts it with a sunflower pattern. Artisan Info: Maricarmen Elias, born in Lima in 1964, is an active woman who for eight years has dedicated her energy and creativity to the exquisite art of utilitarian ceramics. She learned the potter's craft in the workshops of private teachers and attending specialty courses; her immense will did the rest. She established her own workshop and dedicated herself full time to this pursuit, developing her imagination through the realization of her own designs and models. "I've always had a predispostion for ceramic art that in these last years I've made the effort to learn. I've attended private workshops and taken specialized courses, in addition to the practice of every day. This has reaffirmed my skill and knowledge of ceramic art. I've decided to dedicate myself to the elaboration of practical and decorative ceramics due to its adaptability to my likes, perhaps because I'm a woman and a housewife. "My works are characterized by two substantial elements: beauty and practicality. Based on these criteria I create my own designs and for their elaboration I count on the support of my family. The



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Mar 17, 2010 19:13:04

No comments:

Post a Comment